When it comes to household bills, we all have one goal in common: keeping them as low as possible.
But to achieve this, must we sacrifice comfort?
Must we shiver through a chilly winter to reduce energy usage?
Must we sweat through a hot summer to enjoy lower bills?
Of course not.
Smart zoning with a tool like the Nest Thermostat makes precise temperature control simple. In fact, an advanced thermostat quickly learns your behaviours and preferences and starts working to heat specified rooms in your home just the way you like.
What is the Nest Thermostat?
The Nest is a programmable thermostat that optimises heating and cooling in homes and businesses to conserve energy without compromising comfort.
In fact, the Nest Thermostat has saved more than 13 million kilowatts of energy since its inception in 2011!
How does the Nest Thermostat work?
After just a few days of you adjusting the temperature in your home or office throughout various times of the day (and night!), the Nest will pick up on your habits and start to learn your behaviour.
During winter at home, it might learn that:
- You turn the temperature up as soon as you rise in the morning
- Home doesn’t need to be heated while you’re out at work
- You want to arrive home from work to a warm and comfortable home
- The heating is turned down before you head to bed
Then, as the Nest observes these behaviours, it will start to:
- Warm your home in the moments leading up to your morning alarm
- Lower the temperature as you prepare to leave for work
- Raise the temperature before your arrival in the evening
- Once again lower itself before you head to bed, maintaining a cooler overnight temperature
The Nest thermostat can be integrated into a variety of heating and cooling systems. This cutting-edge system can help reduce energy usage, and thus your energy bills, by up to 20 per cent.
Once Coolro has successfully implemented the Nest program within your new heating and cooling system, you can then start managing it yourself through your smartphone!
What is smart zoning?
By separating your home or office space into various “zones”, you can gain complete control over the climate of each space. Instead of wasting energy heating up an entire space, smart zoning allows you to choose which rooms should be heated or cooled more than others.
Smart zoning results in instant control over your heating and cooling system and leads to real, tangible energy savings.
What are the advantages of Nest zoning?
The main advantage of Nest zoning is that its precise control helps you monitor and reduce your energy usage and as a result, lower your energy bills.
Best of all, this can be achieved without sacrificing comfort. Simply by zoning your home, you’re more effectively using heating and cooling only in the rooms or areas where you truly need it.
How might I “zone” my house?
You might like to separate certain rooms in the house into certain zones. The main distinction between two zones would be how frequently you use them:
- You might set bedrooms slightly lower than the living room to facilitate a comfortable sleeping environment
- The living area is the most populated space in the home, particularly in the evening, so this space should be cosy in winter and cool in summer
- Sparsely used rooms like formal living areas, studies, or dining rooms do not need to be consistently heated / cooled
This means that with the Nest Thermostat and smart zoning, you not only have precise control over the temperature in each room of your home, but also what times of the day or night the temperature will adjust.
Nest Thermostat from Coolro: advanced technology that enhances comfort and saves money
Are you a builder in need of a reliable and experienced heating and cooling contractor?
Are you an architect in the middle of creating designs for a new build?
Whether it’s a domestic or commercial project, Coolro works with a variety of trades throughout Melbourne. From initial design to final installation, we ensure the most effective climate solutions are devised and installed in homes and offices.