If you’re curious about how efficient ducted heating and cooling in Melbourne is and want some more information, you’ve come to the right place. This blog will help you understand your heating system better so you can keep those bills down.
At its simplest, ducted heating and cooling systems collect the cold air of your living space and turns it into warm air.
Sounds basic enough. But to work effectively, a ducted system requires a whole lot of components to work together to produce the warm air we often take for granted.
Here’s a list of a ducted heating systems parts and the role they each play:
The heating unit
The heating unit is the first stage of the ducted heating system’s process. It collects cold air through use of a fan and uses gas or electric combustion to heat that air up. It’s usually stored outside where there’s plenty of access to cold air, but can also be stored.
Once the heating unit has heated the air, it then needs to move to various rooms of the home. Insulated ducts and pipes do this job, pushing the air throughout your home.
Registers and vents
Registers and vents release the warm air from the inducted ducts and pipes.
The grilles circulates air back to the the heating unit, replacing the hot air with more cold air for the heating unit to heat.
The thermostat controls the temperature of the room to your specific setting and regulates the rest of the ducted heating system.
Benefits of ducted heating and cooling
A properly fitted and working ducted heating and cooling system brings many benefits to your home, besides keeping your house warm in winter. The system also:
- Efficiently uses energy, so you get the most out of your energy costs
- Offers easy maintenance, so you spend less time worrying about repairs
- Boasts simple controls, allowing you precise control over temperature
- Promotes improved air quality, ensuring you’re always breathing the freshest air
- Is well hidden: out of sight, out of mind!
The biggest benefit of a ducted heating and cooling system in your home is affordable, reliable heating that you can enjoy every year.
Installing ducted systems
As you can see, ducted units are complex systems made up of various important components that only experts like Coolpro Air can give to you.
Important consideration we make when it comes to installing a ducted heating system include:
Floor and ceiling ducts
- The insulated ducts we install can be fitted into your ceiling or flooring quite easily (or you might want a combination of both).
- We arrive to your site will all the CFM and equipment necessary to do the job right the first time!
- Our insulated pipes can attach to most heating units and models.
Our modern zoning technology lets you manage your ducted heating system to your our specific needs, providing smart options for you to play around with:
- Shut off the ducted heating in rooms you don’t regularly use
- Manage the temperature of different rooms so everyone in your home is feeling comfortable
- Heat only the rooms you’re currently using, like the living room or bedrooms, and avoid heating up less frequently used rooms like the dining room or a spare bedroom
Contact Coolpro Heating and Cooling today
If you would like ducted heating installed in your home then don’t hesitate to contact Coolpro Heating and Cooling today.
We also work with all trades including architects and builders and can join a project at any stage of development. For the best results, engage us early in your next project!